The Siddha Yoga path is a spiritual path of inner transformation, based on the study and implementation of the timeless teachings of the Siddha Yoga Gurus, and enlivened by the grace of Gurumayi Chidvilasananda, head of the Siddha Yoga lineage.
The Siddha Yoga Meditation Center in Ann Arbor
The Siddha Yoga Meditation Center in Ann Arbor is open to all who wish to learn about and engage in the Siddha Yoga practices. Rooted in the wisdom of India’s ancient sages, the Siddha Yoga path welcomes people of all faiths and cultures, and teaches that divinity lies within each human being.
The Center Has Reopened!
We are excited to welcome you back to the Siddha Yoga Meditation Center in Ann Arbor!
Before attending a Satsang at the Center, please carefully read the following safety measures and COVID protocols so that you are familiar with the procedures we’ve put in place for everyone’s health and safety:
- If you are not feeling well, if you have any COVID symptoms, have tested positive for COVID in the past 10 days, or believe you may have been exposed to COVID, we ask that you do not attend Satsang at the Center.
- We are not requiring proof of vaccination to attend Satsang. However, we do require everyone to bring proof of a negative result of a Covid home-test (antigen) taken within the last 24 hours.
(Information about ordering free Covid at-home test kits can be found at COVID.gov/tests and special.usps.com. Washtenaw County residents can now order free Covid testing kits through Project Access Covid Tests, ClickOnDetroit reports. People can order online, and in one to two weeks a kit containing five tests will be delivered.)
- Everyone will be required to wear an N95 or KN95 mask at all times while at the Center. If you do not have access to either a test or a mask, they will both be available at the Center.
- Everyone will also be asked to fill out a COVID Declaration and Consent form, to make contact tracing possible, should the need arise. You can find the form here, print and fill it out at home and bring it with you to the Center. This form will also be available at the Center. If you attended a Satsang since we reopened, you do not need to fill out a new form — you’ll just need to sign and date the back of the form you filled out then, which we have on file at the Center.
- Please arrive at the Center 30 minutes before the Satsang (at 10:00am) to give time to fill out the form, and to administer a Covid self-test if you have not done so at home. The Center’s doors will be locked at 10:30am when the Satsang starts.
- There will be no social distancing in the seating arrangement in the Hall, though the chairs will be spaced slightly apart. There is seating for 20 people in the Hall. There will also be overflow seating in the Amrit area.
- There will be three Dyson air purifiers — two in the Hall and one in Amrit.
- For those who prefer participating in the Satsang from outdoors, there will be a pop-up tent in the parking lot on the side of the building, with a speaker connected to the Center. Wearing a mask, providing a negative COVID test, and filling out a COVID Declaration and Consent form are all required for outside seating. Latecomers to the Satsang will be able to participate in the tent, once they have fulfilled the above requirements.
- Darshan will be offered while standing and without forming a line.
- If you test positive for COVID within 7 days of attending an event at the SYMC in Ann Arbor. please notify us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (734-665-0409).
You can find the current schedule of our Satsangs, recitation of Shree Guru Gitas, and Community Meetings on our Calendar page. We are delighted to be able to start meeting again, and look forward to seeing you at a Satsang. If you have any further questions, please email us: email@example.com